Sunday, October 12, 2014

Final Hero Prop Design DFA: The E.E.L

This is my final for the DFA prop project that I posted about here I wish I had a bit more time to sort of polish up the render a bit, but overall I'm happy with the outcome. The most challenging part to figure out were the fins. I took them through a lot of revisions before I was completely happy. 

I'm in the process of modeling this now and it's quite challenging due to the overlapping plates of the body. We're also required to rig and animate this prop, which to be honest I'm a little scared of. We don't do a lot of rigging in the game art major and this object's articulation is relatively complex.
 

 Turn around showing some aspects of the object's articulation

Original designs that I posted earlier just for context:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment