Sunday, April 13, 2014

Attract Trailer Research

The gameplay trailer for the next gen racing game "The Crew" stands out to me for a few reasons. Firstly, it carries you through the environment along with the action, and doesn't separate the two. Secondly, the camera moves are kind of strange and really interesting and have their own action packed choreography that rivals that of the cars. I love how the camera's movements are moving in opposition to the cars. Thirdly, it subtly incorporates the games features and showcases a few different locations in a pretty seamless way.  Additionally, the shaky cam adds to the action and gives a feeling that you're there racing along with the cars. 

I find it to be a really successful trailer and may actually try to adapt some of the camera moves to my own.


Mars Attacks obviously isn't a racing game, but given my level's theme I'm pretty inspired by the trailer so I thought I'd just throw it up here for fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment