Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hero Prop: Modeling Progress

This prop has probably been the hardest and most tedious assignment of the semester for me. It's the most complex thing I've ever modeled, and because we're rigging it  I've really been focused on making the parts fit together realistically so they can slide and move over each other without any bumping or grinding. It has been quite challenging at times. I'm not used to thinking like an engineer. 

My high poly model is sitting just around 633,403 tris, and I've just finished my second pass at getting my low poly finished. My low poly is currently at 19,605. I'm pretty happy with that number. Eventually we'll be baking the high poly down to normals.


Here are some shots of the high poly model so far:







No comments:

Post a Comment