Friday, February 28, 2014

Minion Melee Update


Current Status of the game
I haven't had much time to work on my board game this past semester as we have a lot of work to do and continuing work on my board game has become more of a personal project, but I did some work over winter break that I can discuss here. 

After posting my board game on reddit  a large LAN event in Pennsylvania called Frag Infinity Tournament requested I send them the board game for further play testing and feedback. This was great for me since I'm pretty happy with the art I produced for the game but the mechanics, while not broken, are not nearly as fun as they could be. As my professor still has the physical prototype for my boardgame I constructed a new box and packaged a high quality version of the print and play to send. While I'm still waiting on feedback for the playtesting the podcasting group grown as gamers apparently played my game at the event. 

Because of the event and the fact that I eventually want to continue work on Minion Melee I made a very simple website for it over winter break. http://www.minionmelee.com/ 

Stuff to implement for the future 
I've also gotten some feedback from people from around the web who found the  game and downloaded the print and play version which I'm hoping to at some point have time to implement. 

Another, possibly minor but interesting thing I'd like to change is the money cards. My mother actually gave me this idea when she played my game, and I can't believe I didn't think of it myself. She suggested I turned the money cards into potion cards, as with the scientist character I have on the box it would make more sense that the super villains are creating the minions with various chemical concoctions rather than simply buying them. 

Hopefully over the summer I'll have some time to spend updating the board game. I think it'll be a slow process at least until I finish school, but it's a fun project that I hope to keep going on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment