Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Destruction Inspiration: Programming

This week in programming we're focusing on learning destruction effects. Our assignment is to create a destructible asset that fits the design of our level. Luckily for me one of the mechanics in my level is the falling rocks that rain down in the players, so this works out well for me.  Here's the initial concept sketch I made to demonstrate this mechanic: 


We were also asked to find inspirational reference for our effect, so I picked The Hobbit! I found this video pretty fitting for my destruction effect for a few reasons. Firstly, the falling rocks in this scene are caused by two warring giants, my falling rocks are caused by UFOs! So, in my level and the scene the effects are caused by external beings. Secondly, the effects in this scene are particularly stunning so who wouldn't be inspired? And thirdly, the kind of debris in terms of size and appearance is how I would like the effect to look in my level. 


No comments:

Post a Comment