Sunday, September 21, 2014

Drawing For Game Art Finals!

Today our final greyscale renders for Drawing for Game Art class are due. I learned a lot during this process. I feel like I really strengthened my design, line art, and lighting abilities. One of my biggest issues in painting has always been lighting. I just haven't had the easiest time wrapping my head around it, but after this project I feel like I'm finally starting to get a liiitttlle bit more of an understanding. These aren't anywhere near perfect but I'm fairly happy with the way they turned out, and happier that I learned so much from the process. 

After the rough design phase, which I posted a few weeks ago we narrowed our designs based from the textures, silhouettes, and doodles, down to 9 and did clean lineart. After that, we cut two more pieces for a total of 7 and applied light direction and rendering.

Here's my final rendering:

And here's my cleaned up line work, I did obviously tweak certain things between this stage and the rendering stage. Completely redesigned the tiger, flipped the drunk barrel guy, and fixed some anatomy issues on the astronaut

No comments:

Post a Comment